PLPGSQL with Multibyte Issue

From
"Frankie Lam"
Date:
Hi all,

I'm experiencing some problem with using multibyte character issues in
PLPGSQL. It seems
that some double characters to have value of '0x5c' in the lower byte,
making PLPGSQL to
think that the statement is a unterminatated string. And this drives me
crazy :( .

Hope someone could kindly shed some light on this.

Regards,
Frankie Lam

Re: PLPGSQL with Multibyte Issue

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
石井です.

> I'm experiencing some problem with using multibyte character issues in
> PLPGSQL. It seems
> that some double characters to have value of '0x5c' in the lower byte,
> making PLPGSQL to
> think that the statement is a unterminatated string. And this drives me
> crazy :( .

What kind of database encoding are you using?
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: PLPGSQL with Multibyte Issue

From
"Frankie Lam"
Date:
At the beginning, I used the SQL_ASCII database encoding and found it is not
working
now, I'm using the EUC_TW as the database encoding,
and using ODBC to connect to the database, excute the plpgsql functions.
(and I'm having
SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO 'BIG5' in the connection string).

everything seems to be fine now,
but I'm still worrying if there's any loopholes there... :-(
(Too scarey to find another `truth' about the shortcoming of plpgsql)

So if anyone has similar experience, please let me know.

Thanks so much.

BTW, if I want to insert a single slash character, `\' , do I have to use
'\\\\' (that's totally 4 slashes)
inorder to  `EXCUTE' DYNAMIC plpgsql query? (sorry for my poor explanation)
e.g.   str := '' insert into test values(''''\\\\'''');'' -- I've tried putting
\\, it doesn't work, how come it is so?   excute str;

Date:
> [Japanese characters inserted]

Oops. I have accidentally inserted non-English characters. Please
ignore it.
--
Tatsuo Ishii