WebDB, iAS

From
gyurika
Date:
Hi,

Is there any possibility to access a postgres database via html pages? I'm
searching for a tool or method, that similars to Oracle WebDB or iAS! Could
you help me?

Thank you for your help: Gyuri

Lendvary Gyorgy                                           Prolan Rt.
tel: +36 26 543-136                                  Szentendrei ut 1-3.
fax: +36  26 543-101                               H-2011 Budakalasz
email: lendvary-g@prolan.hu                           Hungary

Re: WebDB, iAS

From
"Victor Yegorov"
Date:
* gyurika <gyurika@prolan.hu> [26.02.2003 15:19]:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any possibility to access a postgres database via html pages? I'm
> searching for a tool or method, that similars to Oracle WebDB or iAS! Could
> you help me?
>
> Thank you for your help:
>   Gyuri

PHP?

www.php.net

--

Victor Yegorov

Re: WebDB, iAS

From
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain"
Date:
On Wednesday 26 February 2003 08:19, gyurika wrote:
> Is there any possibility to access a postgres database via html pages? I'm
> searching for a tool or method, that similars to Oracle WebDB or iAS! Could
> you help me?

See http://www.druid.net/rides/ for an example of a database driven site.
Check out the link at the bottom that displays the actual Python code running
the page.

Re: WebDB, iAS

From
Guy Fraser
Using :

psql -H -c "select * from table;" database

Generates an HTML formatted table.

Search for "postgres php" on the net, and you will find loads of examples.

I will be working on a large project using PostgreSQL and PHP4 in the near
future. I am currently using "libpq" to directly access PostgreSQL, but the
rest of the programmers on the next project do not have strong skills
programming with 'C'.

Guy