STORAGE and GiST

From
Itai Zukerman
Date:
Does anyone know of any examples of using STORAGE with GiST?  I can't
seem to find any docs that explain how it's supposed to work, beyond
that it somehow involves the compress function.  All the examples I've
seen have the key using the same type as the value being indexed...

Scenario: I'm doing a simplified re-write of intarray with intbig ops,
where I define a new fixed-length type (4k bit vector) for the GiST
keys.

--
Itai Zukerman  <http://www.math-hat.com/~zukerman/>

Re: STORAGE and GiST

Date:
Itai Zukerman <zukerman@math-hat.com> writes:
> Does anyone know of any examples of using STORAGE with GiST?

[ greps... ] contrib/btree_gist, contrib/rtree_gist, contrib/ltree,
contrib/tsearch all seem to use that option.  I believe the point
is to store a different datatype in the index than is used in the
column being indexed.
        regards, tom lane