How to rename and drop a column in pg7.3?

From
Vernon Wu
Date:
I need to rename and remove columns of a table. Is any new way to accomplish the two tasks in 7.3? I have searched
the online document and don't see any related information.

Thanks,

Vernon

Re: How to rename and drop a column in pg7.3?

Hmmm... both are supported in 7.3.x

ALTER TABLE rtfm  RENAME f1 to f2 ;
ALTER TABLE rtfm  DROP COLUMN f3;

hope it helps.