Filter function

From
Evgen Potemkin
Date:
Hello there!

is there any way to create filter function?
i.e. function which will be accepting and returning row sets, like

select foo(t) from (select blah from tab) t;
something like this.

contrib/tablefunc seems not accepting a row set.

also, not related to above, i've typed query:

term2=>select * from tab where tab=1;
ERROR:  exprType: Do not know how to get type for 711 node

i know that query is wrong, but may be there must be more understandable error
message?

regards,

---
.evgen

Re: Filter function

Date:
Evgen Potemkin <evgent@ns.terminal.ru> writes:
> term2=>select * from tab where tab=1;
> ERROR:  exprType: Do not know how to get type for 711 node

What release is this?  I getRelation reference "tab" cannot be used in an expression
in 7.3 and CVS tip, andAttribute 'tab' not found
in prior releases.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Filter function

Date:
Evgen Potemkin <evgent@ns.terminal.ru> writes:
> it's base-7.3.1 from one of the russian mirrors.

Oh, it must be a post-7.3.1 fix then [ ... checks CVS logs ... ] ah,
here it is:

* src/backend/parser/parse_expr.c (REL7_3_STABLE): Deliver bettererror message when a relation name is used in an
expression. Perreport from Ian Barwick.

This will be in 7.3.2, due out next week.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Filter function

From
Evgen Potemkin