How do I get rid of these messages?

From
Wei Weng
Date:
How do I get rid of the messages like "NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY
KEY will create implicit index 'test_pkey' for table 'test'" coming out
from stderr when I run psql with my create table script?

(I don't want to direct them to /dev/null, since I still want to be able
to see the *real* sql error messages)

Thanks

--
Wei Weng
Network Software Engineer

Re: How do I get rid of these messages?

From
Bhuvan A
Date:
> How do I get rid of the messages like "NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY
> KEY will create implicit index 'test_pkey' for table 'test'" coming out
> from stderr when I run psql with my create table script?

AFAIK, by default it cannot be done eventhough syslog is enabled (somebody
correct me if wrong), since such messages are sent to the frontend in all
cases. If you are ready to re-compile, i have the patch.  You can contact
me.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran

Re: How do I get rid of these messages?

Date:
7.3 beta has client_min_messages which can show only WARNING and
not NOTICE.

Bhuvan A wrote:
> > How do I get rid of the messages like "NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY
> > KEY will create implicit index 'test_pkey' for table 'test'" coming out
> > from stderr when I run psql with my create table script?
> >

> AFAIK, by default it cannot be done eventhough syslog is enabled (somebody
> correct me if wrong), since such messages are sent to the frontend in all
> cases. If you are ready to re-compile, i have the patch.  You can contact
> me.
>
> regards,
> bhuvaneswaran

> http://archives.postgresql.org