'next' or similar in plpgsql

From
Bhuvan A
Date:
Hi,

In perl we have 'next' function to skip rest of the statements in the loop
and to start with next iteration. In plpgsql, do we have something
similar? How do we skip rest of the statements in a loop in plpgsql?

TIA.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran

Re: 'next' or similar in plpgsql

From
Christoph Haller

> In perl we have 'next' function to skip rest of the statements in the
loop
> and to start with next iteration. In plpgsql, do we have something
> similar? How do we skip rest of the statements in a loop in plpgsql?

The only statement which can be used in a probably tricky way seems to
be
EXIT [ label ] [ WHEN expression ];
What you are really looking for is something like the C statement
"continue;"
I'm quite surprised this is not available in plpgsql.

Regards, Christoph