SELECT with INNER data bases

From
2000 Informática
Date:
Hi,

I have two data bases: db1 and db2.
In MS SQL Server I can use
'SELECT T1.ID, T2.NAME FROM db1..table1 T1 INNER JOIN db2..table2 T2
ON T1.ID = T2.ID ...'.

How I do it in the PosgreSQL ?

HELP ME, PLEASE !

Sorry,
I'm a Brazilian and I don't speak and write English very well !

Silvio
2000Info

Re: SELECT with INNER data bases

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 09:37:49 -0300, 2000 Informática <2000info@netsite.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two data bases: db1 and db2.
> In MS SQL Server I can use
> 'SELECT T1.ID, T2.NAME FROM db1..table1 T1 INNER JOIN db2..table2 T2
> ON T1.ID = T2.ID ...'.
>
> How I do it in the PosgreSQL ?

Postgres does not allow for queries to reference more than one database.
In 7.3 (currently in beta), you may be able to use schemas to keep your
data in the same database and use queries referencing tables in different
schemas. Whether or not this will work for you depends on why you have
put the data into different databases.

Re: SELECT with INNER data bases

From
Roberto Mello
Date:
On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 09:37:49AM -0300, 2000 Informática wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two data bases: db1 and db2.
> In MS SQL Server I can use
> 'SELECT T1.ID, T2.NAME FROM db1..table1 T1 INNER JOIN db2..table2 T2
> ON T1.ID = T2.ID ...'.
>
> How I do it in the PosgreSQL ?
>
> HELP ME, PLEASE !
>
> Sorry,
> I'm a Brazilian and I don't speak and write English very well !

PostgreSQL doesn't allow this by default. You can use 7.3 and schemas as
as suggested, or use a loadable module called dblink with 7.2. dblink is
under the PostgreSQL contrib/ directory. See its documentation.

And here goes the same as above, but in Portuguese :)

O PostgreSQL não permite isso por padrão. Você pode usar 7.3 e schemas
como foi sugerido, ou usar um módulo chamado dblink com 7.2. Esse módulo
está no diretório contrib do PostgreSQL. Veja sua documentação.

-Roberto
--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +