manipulating the database in plsql

From
teknokrat@yahoo.com (teknokrat)
Date:
Is there any way to work with tables etc, in plsql? Can i get a get a
database handle to the local database? If not, is there any chance for
this to be implemented in the near future?

thanks

Re: manipulating the database in plsql

From
Roberto Mello
Date:
On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 11:40:19AM -0700, teknokrat wrote:
> Is there any way to work with tables etc, in plsql? Can i get a get a

Yes.

> database handle to the local database? If not, is there any chance for
> this to be implemented in the near future?

I don't know what you mean. A PL/pgSQL function is already part of the
database it belongs to. It doesn't need a handle.

-Roberto

--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu/ USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net/      http://www.sdl.usu.edu/ - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer

All true wisdom is found in taglines.

Re: manipulating the database in plsql

From
Janning Vygen
Date:
Am Sonntag, 7. Juli 2002 20:40 schrieb teknokrat:
> Is there any way to work with tables etc, in plsql? Can i get a get
> a database handle to the local database? If not, is there any
> chance for this to be implemented in the near future?

I guess you mean plpgsql.

you dont need a database  handle inside plpgsql. you just can do SQL
operations or do other stuff like inserting, updating and so on
(sometimes you need the plpgsql PERFORM statement). look at the
programmers guide about procedural languages (plpgsql.html)

janning