how to write procedures

From
"srikanth"
Date:
Hi, I am using postgre sql server on linux server but for my database I am
using storedprocedures which i need to create , but there are no commands to
create procedures it says it does not support is there any way to work with
stored procedures in postgre sql server.
thanks,
srikanth.

Re: how to write procedures

From
Achilleus Mantzios
Date:
On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, srikanth wrote:

You are looking for functions :)

Study them a bit and then you will feel grateful for PostgreSQL!

--
Achilleus Mantzios
S/W Engineer

Re: how to write procedures

From
"Rajesh Kumar Mallah."
Date:
Hi ,

Stored procedures are supported in pgsql for
quite a long time

consult postgresql docs on website
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?xplang.html

or your local installations.

regds
malz.

On Thursday 04 July 2002 16:15, srikanth wrote:
> Hi, I am using postgre sql server on linux server but for my database I am
> using storedprocedures which i need to create , but there are no commands
> to create procedures it says it does not support is there any way to work
> with stored procedures in postgre sql server.
> thanks,
> srikanth.

> http://archives.postgresql.org

--
Rajesh Kumar Mallah,
Project Manager (Development)
Infocom Network Limited, New Delhi
phone: +91(11)6152172 (221) (L) ,9811255597 (M)

Visit http://www.trade-india.com ,
India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.

Re: how to write procedures

From
Achilleus Mantzios
Date:
Just to add stored procedures in pgsql are implemented
thru functions.

Popular languages are pg/plsql and "C".

> Hi ,
>
> Stored procedures are supported in pgsql for
> quite a long time
>
> consult postgresql docs on website
> http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?xplang.html
>
> or your local installations.
>
> regds
> malz.
>

> On Thursday 04 July 2002 16:15, srikanth wrote:
> > Hi, I am using postgre sql server on linux server but for my database I am
> > using storedprocedures which i need to create , but there are no commands
> > to create procedures it says it does not support is there any way to work
> > with stored procedures in postgre sql server.
> > thanks,
> > srikanth.

> > http://archives.postgresql.org

--
Achilleus Mantzios
S/W Engineer
IT dept
Dynacom Tankers Mngmt
tel:    +30-10-8981112
fax:    +30-10-8981877
email:  achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com       mantzios@softlab.ece.ntua.gr

Re: how to write procedures

From
Bhuvan A
Date:
Hi,

it seems you weren't yet installed appropriate procedural language. for
example, if you wish to code in plpgsql you must install 'plpgsql'. for
details refer the documentation and it has enough information.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran.