crypt question (search mail list)

From
Keith Gray
Date:
There was a post about a month ago about crypt and md5
fields being compared to text values...
(Can I search the archive... google lists... are these
the same as what we see here?)

Using PostgreSQL MD5 stored 'userpasswd' field with PHP
 if(data[userpasswd] == md5(trypassword))

is never true, even when I substr the first 16 characters.
They appear the same if I print them!

Is this something to do with unicode?
...how do I compare a string value with a unicode string?

--
Keith Gray

Technical Development Manager
Heart Consulting Services P/L
mailto:keith@heart.com.au

Re: crypt question (search mail list)

From
jeff fitzmyers
Date:
> There was a post about a month ago about crypt and md5
> fields being compared to text values...

This works for me:
- $formpassword is the password entered on a webpage
- $row_login[password] is the md5 saved password

} elseif(md5($formpassword) <> $row_login[password]) {    //
}

Jeff