resetting sequence

From
"Kancha ."
Date:
My sequence starts from 1 and after few months it
should be reset to 1 again. Can this be automated ??

Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards�
http://movies.yahoo.com/

Re: resetting sequence

From
Philip Hallstrom
Date:
take a look at the SETVAL function... it's something close to:

SELECT SETVAL('sequence_name', 1);

something like that.  check the manual.

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Kancha . wrote:

> My sequence starts from 1 and after few months it
> should be reset to 1 again. Can this be automated ??

> Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards�
> http://movies.yahoo.com/

Re: resetting sequence

From
"Andrew G. Hammond"
Date:
It also looks like you might want to check out the unix cron utility.
From your shell prompt, try
man crontab

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 09:30:10PM -0800, Philip Hallstrom wrote:
> take a look at the SETVAL function... it's something close to:
>
> SELECT SETVAL('sequence_name', 1);
>
> something like that.  check the manual.
>
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Kancha . wrote:
>
> > My sequence starts from 1 and after few months it
> > should be reset to 1 again. Can this be automated ??

> > Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards�
> > http://movies.yahoo.com/

Andrew G. Hammond  mailto:drew@xyzzy.dhs.org  http://xyzzy.dhs.org/~drew/
56 2A 54 EF 19 C0 3B 43 72 69 5B E3 69 5B A1 1F              613-389-5481
5CD3 62B0 254B DEB1 86E0  8959 093E F70A B457 84B1
"To blow recursion you must first blow recur" -- me

Attachment

Re: resetting sequence

From
"David Stanaway"