postgresql error

From
sharmad@goatelecom.com
Date:
Is there anyway to increase the query time in postgresql
because if the query is long and so is the database then the pgRead
error occurs resulting in the break of connection with the database
and recently also giving me problems in taking backups.       If i m not wrong the command to take backup is
  pg_dump [database_name] > [file_name]       Waiting for the reply,

TIA
-Sharmad

Re: postgresql error

Date:
sharmad@goatelecom.com writes:
>         Is there anyway to increase the query time in postgresql
> because if the query is long and so is the database then the pgRead
> error occurs resulting in the break of connection with the database
> and recently also giving me problems in taking backups.

There is no query timeout in Postgres.  How about telling us exactly
what you're doing and what symptoms you see, instead of jumping to a
conclusion about the cause?
        regards, tom lane

Re: postgresql error

From
sharmad@goatelecom.com
Date:
Sir,   I m getting an error that say pg_ReadData and also after which then database
connection is lost/disconnected . Can anybody tell me more about this error
? My problem is that i have a databasee with huge no. of records but if i go
to take query/backup of the database the pg_Readdata error occurs and backup
is stopped always at the same point. I tried to shift the /data/base dir to
other distribution to restore my data but same error occured.(I have postgres
7.0.2 & suse distribution) I m in such a position that if i make a fresh install of postgres in the mc
then my database will go resulting in hammering me.
pls tell me a way to go about it
I have posted the error with the earlier mail

TIA
Sharmad