Arithmetic operation on DATE

From
"macky"
Date:
is it possible to add a date datatype column to a number resulting to a
date......

theoretically it should do this,,,

X is in months

date + X = date

-->  2001-08-20 + 6 = 2002-02-20

The information contained in this message (including any attachments)
is confidential and intended solely for the attention and use of the
named addressee(s). It must not be copied, distributed nor disclosed
to any person. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete
it from your system and notify sender immediately. Any disclosure,
copying or distribution thereof or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance thereon is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: Arithmetic operation on DATE

From
Antti Linno
Date:
Ok, so here's my small knowledge on this matter

select date(date('2001-08-20')+interval('6 months'));

    date
------------
 2002-02-20

I'm sure there's more elegant and shorter ways of doing this, but a quick
answer, maybe you're stuck somewhere :)

    Antti

Tested it on 7.0.2.

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, macky wrote:

> is it possible to add a date datatype column to a number resulting to a
> date......
>

> theoretically it should do this,,,
>
> X is in months
>
> date + X = date
>
> -->  2001-08-20 + 6 = 2002-02-20

> The information contained in this message (including any attachments)
> is confidential and intended solely for the attention and use of the
> named addressee(s). It must not be copied, distributed nor disclosed
> to any person. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete
> it from your system and notify sender immediately. Any disclosure,
> copying or distribution thereof or any action taken or omitted to be
> taken in reliance thereon is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: Arithmetic operation on DATE

From
Christopher Sawtell
Date:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:38, macky wrote:
> is it possible to add a date datatype column to a number resulting to a
> date......

chris=# select date(date(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) + '6 @months'::interval);
    date
 2002-02-13