SQL question

From
Deepali Agarwal
Date:
hello,          I have a simple question about nested SQL statements. I remember
having learnt of another way of writing nested SQL statements, using Joins I
guess. I'm buildingh an ASP/ADO application or which using nested select
becomes too complicated. Could you please throw some light ( preferably with
an example) on how i can use a join  or any other method instead of suing
nested SQL statements. Also, would you be able to tell me how to use a
nested DQL quesry/join query with an ADO command object, i.e the commandtext
property? Thank you for your help.

-Deepali

Deepali Agarwal
Intern
Project Performance Corporation
7600, Colshire Drive
McLean, VA 22101
(703)748-7089
www.ppc.com

Re: SQL question

From
"Josh Berkus"
Date:
Deepali,

>            I have a simple question about nested SQL statements. I
> remember
> having learnt of another way of writing nested SQL statements, using
> Joins I
> guess. ...
I'm afraid that your question is much to general to be answered.
Frankly, I'm not sure what you mean by "nested SQL statement."  Further,
It sounds like you need some general knowledge.  SInce this is an
internship, ask them to buy you some books:

................Database Design for Mere Mortals
any/all of:.....PostgreSQL Introduction & Concepts
................SQL for Smarties

> Also, would you be able to tell me how to use
> nested DQL quesry/join query with an ADO command object, i.e the
> commandtext
> property? Thank you for your help.

This is the wrong list for questions about ADO.  Try pgsql-interfaces
instead, or perhaps MSDN (msdn.microsoft.com).

Good luck!

-Josh Berkus

RE: SQL question

From
"Robby Slaughter"
Date:
Deepali,

Bruce Momjian's book on SQL provides a great intro to SQL,
including joins.

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/aw_pgsql_book/

If you have a specific question, please post that to a list

Good luck!

-Robby

http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl