Upgd from 7.0 to 7.1

From
"Diehl, Jeffrey"
Date:
Hi all,

I'm in the planning to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 and need to ask a few
questions before I make my deployment plan.

Will I have to do a dump/restore of the database?  I have a large database
(100+ Million records) and would rather not have to do a dump.

If I have to do a dump, do need to run the old db in order to do the dump.
Then I guess I'd have to start the new db and do the restore.  That would
suck with a database this large.

Please let me know about any details in doing this upgrade.

Thanx,
Mike Diehl,
Network Monitoring Tool Devl.
Sandia National Laboratories.
(505) 284-3137
jdiehl@sandia.gov

RE: Upgd from 7.0 to 7.1

From
"Diehl, Jeffrey"
Date:
I assume, then, that if I RTFM, I'll be able to figure out how to run two
db's at the same time...  I guess I have to run them in different
directories?  Or, do I do a dumpall, start the new server and do the
restore? Which is the best method?

Thanx,
Mike Diehl,
Network Monitoring Tool Devl.
Sandia National Laboratories.
(505) 284-3137
jdiehl@sandia.gov

RE: Upgd from 7.0 to 7.1

From
"Diehl, Jeffrey"
Date:
Yes, this is probably what I'll do.  My drive is at 36% right now, so I
should have enough.  I also like haveing a back-out plan...

Thanx,
Mike Diehl,
Network Monitoring Tool Devl.
Sandia National Laboratories.