Use of INNER JOIN and others ??!?

From
Luis Sousa
Date:
Is it possible to use the statements INNER JOIN, OUTER JOIN, LEFT JOIN
and RIGHT JOIN in the new version of PostgreSQL 7.1 ?

Luis Sousa

i have a big trouble

From
Sandis Jerics
Date:
Hello list,

 i expirienced that postgres seems doesn't want to eat it's own
 dump... why? even freshly created!
 whats wrong with me?

www_mod_lv=> \copy news from '/home/sites/www.mod.lv/web/news.sql'
\.
ERROR:  copy: line 2, pg_atoi: error in "
At the international humanitarian mission of KFOR the Latvian unit participates with 10 soldiers from the National
ArmedForces. The KFOR Latvian contingent  - Military Police and medical units - will operate within the contingent of
UK. "
: can't parse "
At the international humanitarian mission of KFOR the Latvian unit participates with 10 soldiers from the National
ArmedForces. The KFOR Latvian contingent  - Military Police and medical units - will operate within the contingent of
UK. "
PQendcopy: resetting connection

i tried to do \copy from stdin, than throw in a one row of data, ended
with \., it doesnt work also.

This is my table:

CREATE TABLE news(
       id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,
       flag CHAR(1) NOT NULL,
       rubrika CHAR(1) NOT NULL,
       datums_ TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,
       datums  VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL,
       virsraksts VARCHAR(200) NOT NULL,
       teksts  TEXT,
       url     VARCHAR(30),
       url_txt VARCHAR(50)
);

an example row of data (tab separated) attached.

anyone may have an idea?

--
 Sandis
7777609

Re: Use of INNER JOIN and others ??!?

Date:
> Is it possible to use the statements INNER JOIN, OUTER JOIN, LEFT JOIN
> and RIGHT JOIN in the new version of PostgreSQL 7.1 ?

Yes in 7.1beta.  See FAQ 'outer' entry for a short description.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: i have a big trouble

Date:
Sandis Jerics <sandis@mediaparks.lv> writes:
> www_mod_lv=> \copy news from '/home/sites/www.mod.lv/web/news.sql'
> \.
> ERROR:  copy: line 2, pg_atoi: error in "
> At the international humanitarian mission of KFOR the Latvian unit participates with 10 soldiers from the National
ArmedForces. The KFOR Latvian contingent  - Military Police and medical units - will operate within the contingent of
UK. "

Notice that the complaint is from pg_atoi, so the problem is that the
given text is being taken as an integer field --- that is, as the start
of a new row of data.  I suspect what is happening is that the embedded
newlines in your text column are getting munged up so that they look
like ordinary newlines (end of a data row) to COPY.

A newline that is part of the data, and not a row separator, has to be
represented as a backslash followed by a newline (\n) character.
Anything that messes this up will confuse COPY.  One theory that comes
to mind is that you edited the dump file with an editor that converts
Unix-style newlines (\n) to DOS-style (\r\n).  Then your embedded
newlines would become backslash \r \n ... in other words, a quoted \r
followed by a regular end-of-row marker.
        regards, tom lane