new serial type

From
Rolf Johansson
Date:
Is there some function to change the serial type to, instead of reading
a next-value, read the maxium value in a column and then add x? If, for
some reason, the sequence is not updated (when I'm doing COPY into a
table), I'll have to recreate the sequence. Instead, it would be much
more simple just to take the max()+x value for a new type of serial type.

/Rolf

Re: new serial type

From
Kaare Rasmussen
Date:
Den l�rdag 13. januar 2001 11:42 skrev Rolf Johansson:
> Is there some function to change the serial type to, instead of reading
> a next-value, read the maxium value in a column and then add x? If, for

You can use setval(sequence, number) and MAX(number) in combination.

Howitzvej 75               �ben 14.00-18.00        Email: kar@webline.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        L�rdag 11.00-17.00       Web:      www.suse.dk