Convert from Seconds-Since-Epoch to Timestamp

From
Webb Sprague
Date:
Hi all,

How do I convert from seconds (an integer) to
timestamp?

I am sure it is easy, but I can't find it in the docs,
so far.

Thanks
Webb

http://im.yahoo.com/

Re: Convert from Seconds-Since-Epoch to Timestamp

From
Jie Liang
Date:
Hi, Webb,

I am not quit sure what you really want to do, however, I assume that
following maybe
what you mean:

db=# select interval(reltime '12313221 secs');     interval
--------------------4 mons 22 12:20:21
(1 row)

--
Jie LIANG

Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Office:(858)320-4873

jliang@ipinc.com
www.ipinc.com

Re: Convert from Seconds-Since-Epoch to Timestamp

From
"Brian C. Doyle"
Date:
how would you do that with in a query?

ie select date , interval(reltime 'table.secs');

when the value in table.secs = 54321 and "secs" is not a part of it?

At 11:35 AM 9/21/00 -0700, Jie Liang wrote:
>Hi, Webb,
>
>I am not quit sure what you really want to do, however, I assume that
>following maybe
>what you mean:
>

>db=# select interval(reltime '12313221 secs');
>       interval
>--------------------
>  4 mons 22 12:20:21
>(1 row)
>

>Webb Sprague wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > How do I convert from seconds (an integer) to
> > timestamp?
> >
> > I am sure it is easy, but I can't find it in the docs,
> > so far.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Webb

> > Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger.
> > http://im.yahoo.com/
>
>--
>Jie LIANG
>
>Internet Products Inc.
>
>10350 Science Center Drive
>Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
>Office:(858)320-4873
>
>jliang@ipinc.com
>www.ipinc.com

Re: Convert from Seconds-Since-Epoch to Timestamp

From
Jie Liang
Date:
Hi, there,

urldb=# create table foo(sec int4);
CREATE
urldb=# insert into foo values(54321);
INSERT 382942319 1
urldb=# select interval(reltime (sec||'secs')) from foo;interval
----------15:05:21
(1 row)

--
Jie LIANG

Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Office:(858)320-4873

jliang@ipinc.com
www.ipinc.com

missing "day(s)" in interval (was: Convert from Seconds-Since-Epoch to Timestamp)

From
Louis-David Mitterrand
Date:
On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 01:25:05PM -0700, Jie Liang wrote:
> Hi, there,
>
> urldb=# create table foo(sec int4);
> CREATE
> urldb=# insert into foo values(54321);
> INSERT 382942319 1
> urldb=# select interval(reltime (sec||'secs')) from foo;
>  interval
> ----------
>  15:05:21
> (1 row)

By the way, is it normal that the "day" word doesn't appear in the interval?

auction=# select interval(now()::abstime::int4);         interval
----------------------------30 years 9 mons 3 15:42:09
(1 row)

--
Louis-David Mitterrand - ldm@apartia.org - http://www.apartia.org

"Perl Guy and Executive Glue Sniffer"                                    (stolen from Aaron Sherman's .sig)

Louis-David Mitterrand <cunctator@apartia.ch> writes:
> By the way, is it normal that the "day" word doesn't appear in the interval?

> auction=# select interval(now()::abstime::int4);
>           interval
>  30 years 9 mons 3 15:42:09
> (1 row)

Looks like a bug to me ... Thomas, do you agree?

Curiously, it appears that the interval input converter will accept this
with or without the 'days' keyword included.
        regards, tom lane