returning a recordset with pl/pgsql

From
Keith Wong
Date:
Hi everyone,

I'm using postgresql with php4. I wanted to write a stored procedure to
return a recordset (using pl/pgsql). From what I've read from the
documentation it seems like you can only returned postgres types like
strings, booleans, etc.

Is it possible to return recordsets using pl/pgsql?
If so, how do I declare the return type in the declaration?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Keith.

Re: returning a recordset with pl/pgsql

From
Kovacs Zoltan Sandor
Date:
> Is it possible to return recordsets using pl/pgsql?
> If so, how do I declare the return type in the declaration?
AFAIK you can't. I suggest you using temporary tables instead.

Regards, Zoltan