New book on Postgres

From
"Ted Kennedy"
Date:
We are evaluating a ten-page proposal for a new book on Postgres and are
looking for a few people to advise us on its viability. If interested,
please email me at tedken@manning.com with a brief description of your
credentials and a statement that you agree to non-disclosure of it and I
will send you more information.

Re: New book on Postgres

From
bill@wadley.org
Date:
Hello! wers regarding a book proposal on

Regarding the book proposal on Postgres: I can tell you that the world
needs a Postgres book!

Specifically, I would like to see the following topics covered:

- table-inheritance: what does it mean, how does it work, examples
- regular expressions in queries: examples
- PL/pgSQL: thorough coverage and examples
- pg_options file: complete explanation of all options, and detailed coverage of performance-tuning and troubleshooting

- creating and adding new types/operators/etc.

The most important things to remember are:

1) We do not need another SQL book, we need a PostgreSQL book
2) examples, examples, examples

Thanks!

B-)

--
Bill@Wadley.org
Bill.Wadley.org/PGP_KEY.html

Re: New book on Postgres

From
Pablo Prieto
Date:
> 1) We do not need another SQL book, we need a PostgreSQL book

Yes. Something focused in admin. tasks would be an essential book.

> 2) examples, examples, examples
or an URL to find them ;)

> Thanks!

My thanks too.

Pablo.

Re: New book on Postgres

From
"Brett W. McCoy"
Date:
On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 bill@wadley.org wrote:

> Hello! wers regarding a book proposal on
>
> Regarding the book proposal on Postgres: I can tell you that the world
> needs a Postgres book!

Bruce Momjian has almost completed his, and you can see it on the main
PostgreSQL website.

Brett W. McCoy                                                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net
Screw up your courage!  You've screwed up everything else.

Re: New book on Postgres

From
Christopher Sawtell
Date:
On Wed, 07 Jun 2000, Ted Kennedy wrote:
> We are evaluating a ten-page proposal for a new book on Postgres and are
> looking for a few people to advise us on its viability. If interested,
> please email me at tedken@manning.com with a brief description of your
> credentials and a statement that you agree to non-disclosure of it and I
> will send you more information.

How are you getting on with this?
Havn't heard from you for a while?

--