outer join syntax

From
Sarfaraz Patel
Date:
HI,
Regarding the syntax for outer join.....i try using this for my query...
select  ran, "pr", "followup"
from view_pr, view_followup
where ran.trialno *=* view_pr.trialno and
ran.trialno *=* view_followup.trialno;

I hope its right..but gives the error missing expression pointing at the *=*
sign...
help would be appreciated
thanx
saf

Re: outer join syntax

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Sarfaraz Patel wrote:

> Regarding the syntax for outer join.....i try using this for my query...
> select  ran, "pr", "followup"
> from view_pr, view_followup
> where ran.trialno *=* view_pr.trialno and
> ran.trialno *=* view_followup.trialno;

Since when is that the outer join syntax? PostgreSQL 7.0 will have support
for SQL outer join syntax but the actual joining isn't implemented yet.