Searching Text Fields

From
Henrik Steffen
Date:
Hi all,

I need a way to search for a keyword that may appear as a substring in
any field of any table.

There are 10 tables with 5 to 15 fields, most of them text and char
fields, several thousand records.

How can I do it efficiently?

Can anyone point me to some useful information or show me an example?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

Henrik Steffen
city-map Stade
http://www.Stade.net

Re: [SQL] Searching Text Fields

Date:
See contrib/fulltextindex

> Hi all,
>
> I need a way to search for a keyword that may appear as a substring in
> any field of any table.
>
> There are 10 tables with 5 to 15 fields, most of them text and char
> fields, several thousand records.
>
> How can I do it efficiently?
>
> Can anyone point me to some useful information or show me an example?
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Kind regards,
>

> Henrik Steffen
> city-map Stade