Are there JDBC that used with PostgreSQL?

From
"Chaitad Huangsamphan"
Date:
I'm a beginner java programmer that have a thesis implementation on
PostgreSQL.

First I have to find a suitable programming language to query data on
PostgreSQL
(except perl).
Please advise me which one is the easiest.

Then I have to find JDBC, ODBC and API that JAVA can communicate with
PostgreSQL.

Thank for you advise

Re: [SQL] Are there JDBC that used with PostgreSQL?

From
Tom Good
Date:
On Thu, 21 May 1998, Chaitad Huangsamphan wrote:

> I'm a beginner java programmer that have a thesis implementation on
> PostgreSQL.
>
> First I have to find a suitable programming language to query data on
> PostgreSQL
> (except perl).
> Please advise me which one is the easiest.

tcl/tk is good.  But I like the ecpg (ESQL) interface developed by Michael
Meskes.  Works well out of the box.  And the syntax is compliant with
most stds...I can send examples of code if you like (write to me
offlist... ;-)

cheers,
Tom

> Then I have to find JDBC, ODBC and API that JAVA can communicate with
> PostgreSQL.
>
> Thank for you advise

    ----------- Sisters of Charity Medical Center ----------
                    Department of Psychiatry
                              ----
 Thomas Good, System Administrator            <tomg@q8.nrnet.org>
 North Richmond CMHC/Residential Services     Phone: 718-354-5528
 75 Vanderbilt Ave, Quarters 8                Fax:   718-354-5056
 Staten Island, NY   10304

Re: [SQL] Are there JDBC that used with PostgreSQL?

From
Peter Mount
Date:
On Thu, 21 May 1998, Chaitad Huangsamphan wrote:

> I'm a beginner java programmer that have a thesis implementation on
> PostgreSQL.
>
> First I have to find a suitable programming language to query data on
> PostgreSQL
> (except perl).
> Please advise me which one is the easiest.
>
> Then I have to find JDBC, ODBC and API that JAVA can communicate with
> PostgreSQL.

Postgresql comes with it's own JDBC driver, which will work with any
platform that supports JDK1.1 or later.

You can also use ODBC on the Windows platform via the JDBC-ODBC bridge.
This is slightly faster, but limits you to the Windows platform.

Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
************ Someday I may rebuild this signature completely ;-) ************
Work Homepage: http://www.maidstone.gov.uk Work EMail: peter@maidstone.gov.uk