9.2 CF2: 20 days in

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Hackers,

Commitfest 2 continues to progress ... slowly.  At this point, we have
no hope of wrapping it up early; my best hope is to at least finish on time.

Statistics:
* 1/2 of patches are still pending development: 12 waiting on author,
and 18 waiting for review. In addition, 7 patches are waiting for a
committer.
* 28 patches have been committed or returned, about 45%.

In addition to nudging the reviewers who have not delivered (going out
tommorrow) I really need reviewers for a few patches which have none.
These are all difficult, complex patches to review:

1) Collect frequency statistics and selectivity estimation for arrays

2) Kaigai's remaining security patches

3) Robert's VXID and table locks patches.

If you are a seasoned PostgreSQL hacker and available to review any of
the above, please volunteer now.

Also, if you are a patch author or reviewer, please check to see that
the status of your patch is updated in the commitfest application.  I
may have missed a few messages due to the US holiday.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: 9.2 CF2: 20 days in

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> * 1/2 of patches are still pending development: 12 waiting on author,
> and 18 waiting for review. In addition, 7 patches are waiting for a
> committer.

We need to start marking the patches that are "Waiting on Author" as
"Returned with Feedback", ideally after checking that the status in
the CF application is in fact up to date.   With a week left in the
CommitFest at this point, anything that has been reviewed and still
has issues is pretty much going to have to wait for the next round.
We need to focus on (a) reviewing the patches that haven't been
reviewed yet and (b) getting the stuff that is basically in good shape
committed.  Otherwise, we're still going to be doing this CommitFest
in September.

I have been attempting to keep somewhat on top of the stuff that has
become Ready for Committer, but there is too much of it for me to
handle by myself.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: 9.2 CF2: 20 days in

From
Joshua Berkus
Date:
Robert,

> We need to start marking the patches that are "Waiting on Author" as
> "Returned with Feedback", ideally after checking that the status in
> the CF application is in fact up to date.   With a week left in the
> CommitFest at this point, anything that has been reviewed and still
> has issues is pretty much going to have to wait for the next round.
> We need to focus on (a) reviewing the patches that haven't been
> reviewed yet and (b) getting the stuff that is basically in good
> shape
> committed.  Otherwise, we're still going to be doing this CommitFest
> in September

Sure, I only want to do that for ones which have been waiting on author for more than a couple days though.  Working on
that.

> I have been attempting to keep somewhat on top of the stuff that has
> become Ready for Committer, but there is too much of it for me to
> handle by myself.

Yeah, given that we're still in beta, I expected committing to be a problem.  Not a surprise.

--Josh

Re: [HACKERS] 9.2 CF2: 20 days in

Date:
Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> I have been attempting to keep somewhat on top of the stuff that has
>> become Ready for Committer, but there is too much of it for me to
>> handle by myself.

> Yeah, given that we're still in beta, I expected committing to be a problem.  Not a surprise.

Between beta and vacation, I've not been able to provide any help in
this CF.  I'm still catching up from vacation but should be able to
provide some help next week.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] 9.2 CF2: 20 days in

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>>> I have been attempting to keep somewhat on top of the stuff that has
>>> become Ready for Committer, but there is too much of it for me to
>>> handle by myself.
>
>> Yeah, given that we're still in beta, I expected committing to be a problem.  Not a surprise.
>
> Between beta and vacation, I've not been able to provide any help in
> this CF.  I'm still catching up from vacation but should be able to
> provide some help next week.

That would be great, especially because I am leaving for a week's
vacation on Saturday, and so my availability to help with the final
push is going to be limited.