Status check: Ibrar, Gianni, Matthew

From
Josh Berkus
Matthew: what's going on with your review of pg_stat_statements?

Ibrar: what is the status of your review of Grouping Sets patch?

Gianni: how far have you gotten with your review of the Usermaps Rexep Support
patch?

Please update -hackers and/or the wiki by Tuesday.  Thank you!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL

Re: Status check: Ibrar, Gianni, Matthew

From
"Ibrar Ahmed"
> Matthew: what's going on with your review of pg_stat_statements?
>
> Ibrar: what is the status of your review of Grouping Sets patch?

I have just sent my update on hackers, BTW It was a big patch thats
why I was not able to send early update. Actually I need more time to
complete code review but Its a WIP patch so I think we can leave deep
code review for final patch.

Please assign me next one.

> Gianni: how far have you gotten with your review of the Usermaps Rexep Support
> patch?
>
> Please update -hackers and/or the wiki by Tuesday.  Thank you!
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL
> San Francisco

   Ibrar Ahmed

Re: Status check: Ibrar, Gianni, Matthew

From
Gianni Ciolli
Date:
On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 04:10:53PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Gianni: how far have you gotten with your review of the Usermaps
> Rexep Support patch?
>
> Please update -hackers and/or the wiki by Tuesday.  Thank you!

Hi Josh,

I finished the review and updated the wiki, so I am ready for another
review.

Best regards,
Dr. Gianni Ciolli - 2ndQuadrant Italia
gianni.ciolli@2ndquadrant.it | www.2ndquadrant.it

Re: Status check: Ibrar, Gianni, Matthew

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Gianni Ciolli
<gianni.ciolli@2ndquadrant.it> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 04:10:53PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Gianni: how far have you gotten with your review of the Usermaps
>> Rexep Support patch?
>>
>> Please update -hackers and/or the wiki by Tuesday.  Thank you!
>
> Hi Josh,
>
> I finished the review and updated the wiki, so I am ready for another
> review.

Hi Gianni,

Could you look at the posix_fadvise patch please?

Thanks.

--
Dave Page

Re: Status check: Ibrar, Gianni, Matthew

From
"Ibrar Ahmed"
Date:
Dave,

Please assign me next one.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Gianni Ciolli
> <gianni.ciolli@2ndquadrant.it> wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 04:10:53PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> Gianni: how far have you gotten with your review of the Usermaps
>>> Rexep Support patch?
>>>
>>> Please update -hackers and/or the wiki by Tuesday.  Thank you!
>>
>> Hi Josh,
>>
>> I finished the review and updated the wiki, so I am ready for another
>> review.
>
> Hi Gianni,
>
> Could you look at the posix_fadvise patch please?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Dave Page
> EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com

   Ibrar Ahmed

Date:
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Please assign me next one.

A relatively simple one: pg_stop_backup wait bug fix

Please update the wiki as appropriate.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page

new patch (was Re: Status check: Ibrar, Gianni, Matthew)

From
Gianni Ciolli
Date:
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 09:30:22AM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Gianni Ciolli
> <gianni.ciolli@2ndquadrant.it> wrote:
> > Hi Josh,
> >
> > I finished the review and updated the wiki, so I am ready for another
> > review.
>
> Hi Gianni,
>
> Could you look at the posix_fadvise patch please?

Hi Dave,

if I'm correct, it looks like the posix_fadvise patch has been already
reviewed some days ago, the reviewer made some suggestions, and the
author is examining them.

Perhaps you meant another patch? Or you are suggesting that there
should be a multiple/collective review for that patch?

Best regards,
Dr. Gianni Ciolli - 2ndQuadrant Italia
gianni.ciolli@2ndquadrant.it | www.2ndquadrant.it

Re: new patch (was Re: Status check: Ibrar, Gianni, Matthew)

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Hi Gianni

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Gianni Ciolli
<gianni.ciolli@2ndquadrant.it> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 09:30:22AM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>> Could you look at the posix_fadvise patch please?
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> if I'm correct, it looks like the posix_fadvise patch has been already
> reviewed some days ago, the reviewer made some suggestions, and the
> author is examining them.
>
> Perhaps you meant another patch? Or you are suggesting that there
> should be a multiple/collective review for that patch?

Multiple reviews. The existing review was largely a code style review,
but didn't cover any sort of perf testing etc. Plus it's always good
to get a second opinion :-)

The update to the patch should be posted today, but that is just a few
lines to remove a configure test I'm told. The server code will be
unchanged.

--
Dave Page

Re: new patch

From
Gregory Stark
Date:
"Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:

> The update to the patch should be posted today, but that is just a few
> lines to remove a configure test I'm told. The server code will be
> unchanged.

As requested. Actually there was a one-line code conflict as well.

--
  Gregory Stark

Re: new patch

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Gregory Stark wrote:
> "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
>
>> The update to the patch should be posted today, but that is just a few
>> lines to remove a configure test I'm told. The server code will be
>> unchanged.
>
> As requested. Actually there was a one-line code conflict as well.

Please post patches to -hackers rather than here.  Thanks.

--Josh