PostgreSQL on QNX 4.25

From
"Egan, Anthony M."

I need to evaluate PostgreSQL on QNX 4.25.  What release should I use?
I notice that QNX4 support was added around release 7.2 and removed for release 8.2.
Has anybody had any experiences with PostgreSQL on QNX4, good or bad that they can share.
I'm looking for a solid, reliable, featurefull database.
Any advice?

Thanks,
tony

Re: PostgreSQL on QNX 4.25

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Am Dienstag, 18. März 2008 schrieb Egan, Anthony M.:
> I need to evaluate PostgreSQL on QNX 4.25.  What release should I use?
> I notice that QNX4 support was added around release 7.2 and removed for
> release 8.2. Has anybody had any experiences with PostgreSQL on QNX4, good
> or bad that they can share. I'm looking for a solid, reliable, featurefull
> database.

Well, your best bet would be to start with 8.1 then and see how far you get.
Note, however, that the QNX support was presumably removed because it was
bit-rotting, so it is likely that you will have to invest quite an effort to
get to something useable.  If you want something solid and reliable in
reasonable time, I suggest you consider using a different operating system.