Re: [BUGS] Postgresql problem in AIX 5.3

Date:
"Kelvin Lau" <kelvin.lau@sas.com> writes:
> createdb: could not connect to database template1: FATAL: unsupported frontend protocol 0.0: server supports 1.0 to
3.0

This is a known problem caused by a bug in the system header files that
IBM supplies.  There may by now be an update available from IBM to fix
their error, or you can manually patch the header files and recompile
Postgres.  See the list archives for details, eg
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-ports/2005-05/msg00021.php

            regards, tom lane

Re: [BUGS] Postgresql problem in AIX 5.3

From
Chris Browne
Date:
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) writes:

> "Kelvin Lau" <kelvin.lau@sas.com> writes:
>> createdb: could not connect to database template1: FATAL: unsupported frontend protocol 0.0: server supports 1.0 to
3.0

> This is a known problem caused by a bug in the system header files that
> IBM supplies.  There may by now be an update available from IBM to fix
> their error, or you can manually patch the header files and recompile
> Postgres.  See the list archives for details, eg
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-ports/2005-05/msg00021.php

There is a bit more [recent/specific/comprehensive] information in the
AIX FAQ...

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_AIX.html
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'acm.org';