port for interix

From
"Chris Jeans"

Is their a port for interix?  Checking host line reads i586-pc-interix3.  this is trying to compile under windows xp with services for UNIX running

Chris Jeans

Re: port for interix

From
Sami Kuhmonen
Date:
> Is their a port for interix?  Checking host line reads i586-pc-interix3.
> this is trying to compile under windows xp with services for UNIX
> running

I have succesfully compiled Postgresql for Interix. I had to tell the
configure script to use template for Linux (probably others would work
too) and set _ALL_SOURCES.

export CFLAGS=-D_ALL_SOURCES
export CXXFLAGS=-D_ALL_SOURCES
./configure --with-template=linux

This should work, can't remember whether I needed --host -option there or
not.

Now I only have to do some speed testing to know if this would be The Way
to run Postgresql on Windows.

--
 Sami Kuhmonen            feenix@iqs.fi
 IQS Partners Finland        http://iqs.fi/