Running on Tru64

From
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Date:
Dear all,

I'm trying to get PostgreSQL 7.3.2 running on Tru64.

Problem is, I've got a really old gcc, specifically 2.8.1, and I'm
getting the error someone reported in bug #623. I've asked some folks
and there is no new gcc coming up in foreseeable future.

I've also compiled with the native cc, it compiles but I'm getting
 35 of 89 tests failed.
Bad sign, I guess.

I do not have root access, and there is little I can do to correct these
problems. Is there any hope for me?

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Homepage: http://www.kjetil.kjernsmo.net/        OpenPGP KeyID: 6A6A0BBC

Re: Running on Tru64

Date:
Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> writes:
> I'm trying to get PostgreSQL 7.3.2 running on Tru64.

> Problem is, I've got a really old gcc, specifically 2.8.1, and I'm
> getting the error someone reported in bug #623. I've asked some folks
> and there is no new gcc coming up in foreseeable future.

It's possible that tweaking the PG source code would get you around the
gcc crash --- but without knowledge of the cause of the crash, it's hard
to guess what to tweak.  Have you tried to find out if any gcc hackers
know about it?

> I've also compiled with the native cc, it compiles but I'm getting
>  35 of 89 tests failed.
> Bad sign, I guess.

Have you looked at the specific diffs?  Counting the number of tests
that "failed" is not very meaningful.

            regards, tom lane