Info about install postgresql on rx5670

From
Luis Rodríguez
Date:
Hi
we have an intranet application running on linux red hat 7.1 width
postgresql v7.2 on amd athlon 1.7GHz
this app saturated the server and we analized the possible acquire of
rx5670 HP Server
the server specs:
2 Itanium II processor 900MHz (64bits)
1GB RAM

this server is very expensive and we need to know if postgresql is
capable to running in a Linux RedHat Advanced Server (the OS from redhat
tested in a HP rx5670 with itanium II proccesors)

i checked the documentation from red hat and only mentioned support and
clustering mangement to:
Oracle
MS SQL
MySQL

you can tell us if PostgreSQL running on a Linux Red Hat Advanced Server
on Itanium II processors?
or you can tell us where can i find validity information about this issue?

thanks for your help and your time

-------------------
Ing. Luis Rodríguez
Internet Sales Systems

Re: Info about install postgresql on rx5670

Date:
Now that is a good question. We do run on Alpha, which is 64 bit, and I
think some people were running on Itanium a few months ago.

However, I just did a quick search and couldn't find any mention of
Itanium on our mailing list archives.

So, I guess the answer is that it should work, but no one has tested it
yet.