[ PGSQL for WIN]

From
"pierre.aussourd"
Date:
is there any project whose aim would be to port pgsql for WIN32 ?
Can i find it somewhere if it had already been down ?
I think it would allow pgsql to be more widely used and maybe quicker
developped thus
may be it's not the goal of postgresql inc.
but running postmaster under cygwin is not the best way to my opinion
(and don't tell me M$ OS suck cause I know but so many people are using it
(myself included even though I'm also a linux fan since RH5.0))

Re: [ PGSQL for WIN]

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
pierre.aussourd writes:

> is there any project whose aim would be to port pgsql for WIN32 ?

> but running postmaster under cygwin is not the best way to my opinion

Please explain why you think this is not so.  If you were to port
PostgreSQL to Win32 you'd essentially have to replicate the work that
Cygwin has done, and they aren't even out of beta after N years.