Windows NT binary

From
Dan Rosner
Date:
Since I'm probably not the last poor soul struggling
to build postgresql on NT, I was wondering about
the relative pros/cons of distributing the binary.
Is there an NT binary available for the current postgres
6.5.3?  How much interest would there be in current
binaries if they existed?

--
Dan Rosner
Cascade Programming Group

RE: [PORTS] Windows NT binary

From
"Jens Skakkebaek"
Date:
Dan,

I think it would be a great idea.  I have spent more than a day to try and
compile and I still haven't been able to run it (I get a
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when running initdb).
Having the binaries would make it so much easier for people.

Jens
Since I'm probably not the last poor soul struggling
to build postgresql on NT, I was wondering about
the relative pros/cons of distributing the binary.
Is there an NT binary available for the current postgres
6.5.3?  How much interest would there be in current
binaries if they existed?

--
Dan Rosner
Cascade Programming Group
rosner@scn.org

************

Re: [PORTS] Windows NT binary

From
Kevin Lo
Date:
Dan Rosner wrote:

> Since I'm probably not the last poor soul struggling
> to build postgresql on NT, I was wondering about
> the relative pros/cons of distributing the binary.
> Is there an NT binary available for the current postgres
> 6.5.3?  How much interest would there be in current
> binaries if they existed?

Ok, I will build PostgreSQL 6.5.3 binaries for WinNT.
Well, please give me a couple of days to do this :)

> --
> Dan Rosner
> Cascade Programming Group
> rosner@scn.org
>
> ************

- Kevin

Re: [PORTS] Windows NT binary

From
Dan Rosner
Kevin Lo wrote:

> Ok, I will build PostgreSQL 6.5.3 binaries for WinNT.
> Well, please give me a couple of days to do this :)

Thanks for offering to make Binaries available!  I suspect
many people will find them useful, especially if they included
support for Perl, Tcl and ODBC.  I've just reinstalled NT and
will try following your instructions again...

Dan