Compiling Postgres on NT

From
Dan Rosner
Date:
Seasons Greetings!

I'm yet another poor soul trying to port Postgres 6.5.3
to NT.  After following Kevin Lo's installation instructions,
I keep getting the following error in the './configure' step:

configure: error: can not run /usr/src/pgsql/src/config.sub

My mount points seem ok.  I've copied the files from \src\win32
according to the readme file.  I've also edited the
/src/temlate/cygwin32 to change the paths in the template to
those set in my cygwin install.

Yet I'm still stuck.  I've used Postgres extensively on Redhat
linux without problem, and am trying to convince my client
to consider it on NT (yea, I know, but NT is their requirement
for now).

Can anyone offer any guidance on how to get past above error?
Thanks for any suggestions!

--
Dan Rosner
Cascade Programming Group

Re: Compiling Postgres on NT

From
Kevin Lo
Date:
Dan Rosner wrote:

> Seasons Greetings!

Hi, Dan,

> I'm yet another poor soul trying to port Postgres 6.5.3
> to NT.  After following Kevin Lo's installation instructions,
> I keep getting the following error in the './configure' step:
>
> configure: error: can not run /usr/src/pgsql/src/config.sub
>
> My mount points seem ok.  I've copied the files from \src\win32
> according to the readme file.  I've also edited the
> /src/temlate/cygwin32 to change the paths in the template to
> those set in my cygwin install.

Did you display your mount points?

> Yet I'm still stuck.  I've used Postgres extensively on Redhat
> linux without problem, and am trying to convince my client
> to consider it on NT (yea, I know, but NT is their requirement
> for now).
>
> Can anyone offer any guidance on how to get past above error?
> Thanks for any suggestions!

Please following *all* my instructions, I believe it will works fine
for you :)

> --
> Dan Rosner
> Cascade Programming Group