looking for rpm with postgresql-6.5/src directory

From
"Tim Joyce"
Date:
Which rpm contains the postgresql-6.5/src directory tree?

I have tried

postgresql
postgresq-server
postgresq-devel

thanks for any help

timj

Re: [PORTS] looking for rpm with postgresql-6.5/src directory

From
Lamar Owen
Tim Joyce wrote:

> Which rpm contains the postgresql-6.5/src directory tree?

None of them.  I plan on building a 'postgresql-source' rpm for just
this case -- but currently if you want the source tree you need to
extract the tarball.

This rpm will be quite a challenge due to the differences in install
dirs on RedHat versus the tarball standard.

Right now I'm still troubleshooting the upgrading scripts that will
hopefully ship with RedHat 6.1 -- but rest assured that the -source rpm
is on my list (which you can see by visiting www.ramifordistat.net).

Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: [PORTS] looking for rpm with postgresql-6.5/src directory

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> Which rpm contains the postgresql-6.5/src directory tree?
> I have tried ...

Those are all binary rpms. You will need to look for postgres*.src.rpm
to get the original sources.

                   - Thomas