Solaris 2.6 error: IpcMemoryCreate

From
luc_lalonde@videotron.ca
Date:
Hello,

I've compiled Postgresql-6.5.1 on a Sparc20.  The compilation was done
with gcc-2.7.3.  I get the following error when I start the postmaster:

IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432001,
size=1073152, permission=600
FATAL 1:  ShmemCreate: cannot create region

I also had to add -without-CXX to get it to compile without errors.
What could be the problem?

Cheers, Luc.
P.S. Please reply to llalonde@gre.ulaval.ca

Re: [PORTS] Solaris 2.6 error: IpcMemoryCreate

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Tue, 3 Aug 1999 luc_lalonde@videotron.ca wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've compiled Postgresql-6.5.1 on a Sparc20.  The compilation was done
> with gcc-2.7.3.  I get the following error when I start the postmaster:

> IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432001,
> size=1073152, permission=600
> FATAL 1:  ShmemCreate: cannot create region

Insufficient numbers of Shared Memory segments...try starting with
something like -B 16, which should reduce it enough to get around...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [PORTS] Solaris 2.6 error: IpcMemoryCreate

Date:
See new Solaris FAQ on web site.