RFC: pgbouncer 1.6, PL/Lua, luapgsql

From
David Fetter
Date:
Folks,

I'd love to be able to update pgbouncer to 1.6, as it's got a lot of
handy new features, and has squashed some pretty annoying misfeatures.

Also, it'd be great to add the following.

- PL/Lua https://github.com/pllua/pllua
- luapgsql https://github.com/mbalmer/luapgsql

So now that I've asked for stuff, I'd also like to be able to help.

How can I help?

Is there some kind of buildfarm or similar to test all the distros?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: RFC: pgbouncer 1.6, PL/Lua, luapgsql

From
Andomar
Date:
> I'd love to be able to update pgbouncer to 1.6, as it's got a lot of
> handy new features, and has squashed some pretty annoying misfeatures.

It looks like pgbouncer 1.6 is live now, we get the 1.6.1-1.rhel6
package from: http://yum.postgresql.org/9.4/redhat/

Cheers,
Andomar

Re: RFC: pgbouncer 1.6, PL/Lua, luapgsql

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi David,

On Thu, 2015-08-27 at 14:45 -0700, David Fetter wrote:

> I'd love to be able to update pgbouncer to 1.6, as it's got a lot of
> handy new features, and has squashed some pretty annoying
> misfeatures.

Thanks for the offer. I pushed the RPMs yesterday. Still, a patch is
always welcome for the next releases!

> Also, it'd be great to add the following.
>
> - PL/Lua https://github.com/pllua/pllua
> - luapgsql https://github.com/mbalmer/luapgsql
>
> So now that I've asked for stuff, I'd also like to be able to help.

Awesome! I can't see a release for PL/Lua though, you may want
to ping the developers to roll out a release first.

> How can I help?

Please submit the spec file to us. We'll review and commit it.

> Is there some kind of buildfarm or similar to test all the distros?

We have the regular RPM buildfarm. Before pushing out changes, I always
test the spec files on my F-22 (or whatever the latest will be) box for
any issues.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ