CentOS 7 Packages for 9.1

From
Clayton Keller
Date:
I wanted to ask your team a few questions regarding the available packages.

We are currently running 9.1 in production and are needing to move some servers to CentOS 7. As a part of this move
thesenew servers need to pg_config to build psycopg2. However, there are not packages available currently from your Yum
repo.

With that, would it be possible for your team to create a repo of 9.1 packages for CentOS 7? Also, if we were to try
andbuild psycopg2 against the 9.2 that is provided by CentOS 7, do you have any thoughts as to if we may run into
issueswhen communicating with a 9.1 DB?

Thanks for your time.
Clay Keller

Re: CentOS 7 Packages for 9.1

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

On Tue, 2014-10-28 at 15:01 +0000, Clayton Keller wrote:
> I wanted to ask your team a few questions regarding the available
> packages.
>
> We are currently running 9.1 in production and are needing to move
> some servers to CentOS 7. As a part of this move these new servers
> need to pg_config to build psycopg2. However, there are not packages
> available currently from your Yum repo.
>
> With that, would it be possible for your team to create a repo of 9.1
> packages for CentOS 7? Also, if we were to try and build psycopg2
> against the 9.2 that is provided by CentOS 7, do you have any thoughts
> as to if we may run into issues when communicating with a 9.1 DB?

We *can* do 9.2 builds, but I don't think we can do it for 9.1 in a
short peried -- at least it won't be that easy. I have copied RHEL 7
RPMs from Fedora 19/20 packages on 9.3 and 9.4 branches, and 9.1 does
not have support for them.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ