Missing python-argparse package on 9.4

From
Martín Marqués
Date:
When trying to install barman on a fresh CentOS6, only with 9.4 repo,
it complains about not having python-argparse and fails to install:

# yum install barman
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * base: mirrors.dcarsat.com.ar
 * extras: mirrors.dcarsat.com.ar
 * updates: mirrors.dcarsat.com.ar
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package barman.noarch 0:1.3.2-1.rhel6 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: python-argh >= 0.21.2 for package:
barman-1.3.2-1.rhel6.noarch
--> Processing Dependency: python-dateutil for package:
barman-1.3.2-1.rhel6.noarch
--> Processing Dependency: python-argcomplete for package:
barman-1.3.2-1.rhel6.noarch
--> Running transaction check
---> Package python-argcomplete.noarch 0:0.3.7-1.rhel6 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: python-argparse for package:
python-argcomplete-0.3.7-1.rhel6.noarch
---> Package python-argh.noarch 0:0.23.0-1.rhel6 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: python-argparse for package:
python-argh-0.23.0-1.rhel6.noarch
---> Package python-dateutil.noarch 0:1.4.1-6.el6 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: python-argcomplete-0.3.7-1.rhel6.noarch (pgdg94)
           Requires: python-argparse
Error: Package: python-argh-0.23.0-1.rhel6.noarch (pgdg94)
           Requires: python-argparse
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Martín Marqués http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: Missing python-argparse package on 9.4

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 14:05 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
> When trying to install barman on a fresh CentOS6, only with 9.4 repo,
> it complains about not having python-argparse and fails to install:

I think we should officially start saying that PGDG repo depends on
EPEL...

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Date:
El 18/06/14 14:30, Devrim Gündüz escribió:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 14:05 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
>> When trying to install barman on a fresh CentOS6, only with 9.4
>> repo, it complains about not having python-argparse and fails to
>>  install:
>
> I think we should officially start saying that PGDG repo depends
> on EPEL...

Thanks. Missed that one.

It's a new install where I'm testing, so didn't get to the part about
installing EPEL (which I have elsewhere, reason why yum install barman
doesn't fail).

--

Date:
El 18/06/14 14:30, Devrim Gündüz escribió:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 14:05 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
>> When trying to install barman on a fresh CentOS6, only with 9.4
>> repo, it complains about not having python-argparse and fails to
>> install:
>
> I think we should officially start saying that PGDG repo depends on
> EPEL...

How about adding a dependency in pgdg-redhat94 package so that
epel-release-6 is required?

That would assure that it gets installed.

--

Date:
> El 18/06/14 14:30, Devrim Gündüz escribió:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 14:05 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
>>> When trying to install barman on a fresh CentOS6, only with 9.4
>>> repo, it complains about not having python-argparse and fails to
>>> install:
>>
>> I think we should officially start saying that PGDG repo depends on
>> EPEL...
>
> How about adding a dependency in pgdg-redhat94 package so that
> epel-release-6 is required?
>
> That would assure that it gets installed.

The drawback is that you'd need to add the epel-release-6 package to
PGDG repo so it can get installed. :(

--

Date:
Hi,

On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 14:05 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
> When trying to install barman on a fresh CentOS6, only with 9.4 repo,
> it complains about not having python-argparse and fails to install:

After thinking for a while (3 weeks ;) ), I decided to add argparse to
repository. We already maintain two similar packages in there. Since
argparse is included in Python 2.7+, we will only maintain this package
in RHEL 6.

Packages are on their way now.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Missing python-argparse package on 9.4

From
Craig Ringer
Date:

Re: Missing python-argparse package on 9.4

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

On Mon, 2014-07-14 at 10:41 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Will that cause any issues for people with EPEL enabled who're using
> python-argparse from there?
>
> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/repoview/python-argparse.html

I don't think so -- I am using the same spec file. If both repos are
enabled, yum will pick it from one of them (IIRC it is EPEL, because its
name < our name :) )

> (I increasingly think PGDG for RHEL should just depend on EPEL).

I agree, but given that I am currently having issues with EPEL 7, I
don't want to declare it until EPEK 7 becomes stable.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ