Moving to git

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

For some technical, some non-technical reasons, we need to move the SVN
repository somewhere. While moving it, I think it is time to move to
git, and eventually Magnus created a git repo for us (and I know Heikki
will like it :) )

I am planning to move the repo soon, which means access to the repo may
be unavailable sometimes, during migration.

I will let you know once the migration is completed and the new repo is
up.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Moving to git

From
Heikki Linnakangas
Date:
On 04/02/2014 03:30 PM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> For some technical, some non-technical reasons, we need to move the SVN
> repository somewhere. While moving it, I think it is time to move to
> git, and eventually Magnus created a git repo for us (and I know Heikki
> will like it :) )

Hooŕay! :-)

- Heikki

Re: Moving to git

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
Hi folks

Did the move to git happen?  The last I see is:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/533C2BF0.3030306@vmware.com

on 2014-04-02, but http://yum.postgresql.org/  still has an "SVN Repo"
link to http://svn.pgrpms.org/ and svn was updated on 2014-06-11.

Git would make my own build-integration work a great deal simpler, so I
was really excited to see the change planned.

On a random side note, has anyone looked at the tool Tito?
https://github.com/dgoodwin/tito . It's designed to automate a
significant amount of the work done for RPM dists like PGDG. I'm not
sure it's flexible enough, but it looks pretty promising.

Finally, it's quite hard to find the actual svn URL
(http://svn.pgrpms.org/repo/). Perhaps it's worth adding a link on
http://svn.pgrpms.org/ ?

Re: Moving to git

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

On Tue, 2014-06-17 at 13:09 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Did the move to git happen?

No, since I am still a git moron. I tried twice, but could not succeed.
Wanna help?

> Finally, it's quite hard to find the actual svn URL
> (http://svn.pgrpms.org/repo/). Perhaps it's worth adding a link on
> http://svn.pgrpms.org/ ?

Sure, will do.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ