pgadmin3 installation error on Ubuntu Precise

From
Steve Fox
Date:
I noticed the below error when installing the pgadmin3 package on Ubuntu
Precise. I don't know enough about packaging .debs in order to offer a
fix, but I thought I'd report it.

-----------------

Processing 1 changed doc-base file...
Error in `/usr/share/doc-base/pgadmin3-enus', line 8: all `Format'
sections are invalid.
Note: `install-docs --verbose --check file_name' may give more details
about the above error.
Setting up pgadmin3-data (1.16.1-1.pgdg12.4+1) ...
Setting up pgadmin3 (1.16.1-1.pgdg12.4+1) ...

-----------------

It appears to be related to installing documentation, so I thought I'd
verify whether that works. Under the Help menu, 'Help Contents' opens up
http://www.index.html in my browser and 'Bug Report' opens
http://www.bugreport.html. Hints is greyed out and FAQ takes me to the
correct page on http://www.pgadmin.org.

Re: pgadmin3 installation error on Ubuntu Precise

From
Christoph Berg
Re: Steve Fox 2013-04-04 <1942C677DE0530478655AA22A17BE8F74827F656@ORD2MBX01B.mex05.mlsrvr.com>
> I noticed the below error when installing the pgadmin3 package on Ubuntu
> Precise. I don't know enough about packaging .debs in order to offer a
> fix, but I thought I'd report it.

Hi Steve,

thanks for the report. The error is due to the fact that the html
documentation isn't contained in the package at all, because some
build dependency is missing (python-sphinx). I've never noticed
because the error you've seen doesn't show up here because I don't
have doc-base installed.

I'll fix the problem in the next upload.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/