capturing errors

From
Jaime Casanova
Date:
Hi,

I'm trying to capture the error from php to show an informative
message to the user but i haven't managed to get it...

i'm using pg_result_error_field() but when i print it i get nothing,
is there something i have to configure or what i'm doing bad.
attached a little php script for testing and here is the schema the
script is using (obviously the error i'm trying to catch here is
unique violation)
"""
create table t1_fk1(col1 integer primary key);
insert into t1_fk1 values(1);
"""
--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova

Attachment

Re: capturing errors

From
Jaime Casanova
Date:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Jaime Casanova
<jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to capture the error from php to show an informative
> message to the user but i haven't managed to get it...

i failed to say that i'm using pg 8.4.2 and php5

--

Date:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Jaime Casanova
<jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> wrote:

> i'm using pg_result_error_field() but when i print it i get nothing,
> is there something i have to configure or what i'm doing bad.
> attached a little php script for testing and here is the schema the
> script is using (obviously the error i'm trying to catch here is
> unique violation)

seems like i have to use pg_send_query() for the
pg_result_error_field() function to be used, but the problem is that
this is asynchronous could be a problem if i use transactions?