Undefined function pg_escape_bytea() despite good PG version

From
Thomas Woerly
Date:
Hello PGsql list people !

My first message on this list.

I am installing a collaborative platform using Apache2.0.59 / PHP4.4.2 and
Postgre 7.4.14

Everthinh works fine in the creation of tables until this for one table :

Call to undefined function: pg_escape_bytea()
in/home/demo/phpgwapi/inc/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 407

When searching the Web, some say it is due a bad version of PostgreSQL, since
pg_escape_bytea() arrived at v.7.2.

My Webmin and pg_config --version say I have a 7.4.14 version.

I compiled PHP with this
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-dbase
--with-filepro --enable-exif --with-xml --enable-ftp --with-db --enable-bcmath
--enable-calendar --with-jpeg-dir --with-png-dir --with-gd
--enable-gd-native-ttf --with-freetype-dir --with-gettext --with-mysql
--with-zlib-dir --enable-trans-sid --with-imap --with-kerberos --with-imap-ssl
--with-openssl --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --with-gettext --with-dom
--with-mcrypt --with-iconv --enable-mbstring=all --enable-mbregex --with-gd
--with-png-dir=/usr --with-jpeg-dir=/usr
--with-mime-magic=/usr/share/magic.mime
--with-pgsql=/usr/locla/pgsql/bin/pg_config

More info :
I have the libphp4.so in modules of apache server and the correct
LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

My phpinfo() shows a pgsql section but does not show the version

Does anyone know how to tackle this ?

Thanks for reading my request.

Greetings
Thomas

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

Re: Undefined function pg_escape_bytea() despite good PG version

From
Mario Guenterberg
Date:
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 10:36:06AM +0100, Thomas Woerly wrote:
> Hello PGsql list people !
> --with-pgsql=/usr/locla/pgsql/bin/pg_config
Hello,

I hope this is only a bad typo!
Your PATH to Postgresql must set to /sur/local/pgsql.

Greetings
Mario
| havelsoft.com - Ihr Service Partner für Open Source |
| Tel:  033876-21 966                                 |
| Notruf: 0173-277 33 60                              |
| http://www.havelsoft.com                            |
|                                                     |
| Inhaber: Mario Günterberg                           |
| Mützlitzer Strasse 19                               |
| 14715 Märkisch Luch                                 |

Date:
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 11:28:17AM +0100, Mario Guenterberg wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 10:36:06AM +0100, Thomas Woerly wrote:
> > Hello PGsql list people !
> > --with-pgsql=/usr/locla/pgsql/bin/pg_config
> Hello,
>
> I hope this is only a bad typo!
> Your PATH to Postgresql must set to /sur/local/pgsql.

Ehm... /usr/local/postgresql :-)

Greetings
Mario

| havelsoft.com - Ihr Service Partner für Open Source |
| Tel:  033876-21 966                                 |
| Notruf: 0173-277 33 60                              |
| http://www.havelsoft.com                            |
|                                                     |
| Inhaber: Mario Günterberg                           |
| Mützlitzer Strasse 19                               |
| 14715 Märkisch Luch                                 |

Re: Undefined function pg_escape_bytea() despite good PG version

From
mikie
Date:
2007/3/7, Thomas Woerly <yorgat@yahoo.com>:
> Hello PGsql list people !
>
> My first message on this list.
>
> I am installing a collaborative platform using Apache2.0.59 / PHP4.4.2 and
> Postgre 7.4.14
>
> Everthinh works fine in the creation of tables until this for one table :
>
> Call to undefined function: pg_escape_bytea()
> in/home/demo/phpgwapi/inc/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 407

Can we see the line 407 of your php script adodb-postgres64.inc.php ?
This seems to be PHP related problem rather than Postgres...

> When searching the Web, some say it is due a bad version of PostgreSQL, since
> pg_escape_bytea() arrived at v.7.2.

To make things clearer: PHP function pg_escape_bytea() is available in
PHP >= 4.2.0.
This function _requires_ Postgres version minimum 7.2
Please note this is a PHP function, not Postgres.

> My Webmin and pg_config --version say I have a 7.4.14 version.
>
> I compiled PHP with this
> ./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-dbase
> --with-filepro --enable-exif --with-xml --enable-ftp --with-db --enable-bcmath
> --enable-calendar --with-jpeg-dir --with-png-dir --with-gd
> --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-freetype-dir --with-gettext --with-mysql
> --with-zlib-dir --enable-trans-sid --with-imap --with-kerberos --with-imap-ssl
> --with-openssl --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --with-gettext --with-dom
> --with-mcrypt --with-iconv --enable-mbstring=all --enable-mbregex --with-gd
> --with-png-dir=/usr --with-jpeg-dir=/usr
> --with-mime-magic=/usr/share/magic.mime
> --with-pgsql=/usr/locla/pgsql/bin/pg_config

Looks fine to me...

Date:
> 2007/3/7, Thomas Woerly <yorgat@yahoo.com>:

> > --with-pgsql=/usr/locla/pgsql/bin/pg_config
>
> Looks fine to me...

Edit: if this path is really "locla" and not "local", then it means
that postgres functions are not compiled in PHP (because of your typo
mistake). That is why one of the functions like php_escape_bytea() is
not available in your PHP compilation, probably all PG functions are
not available at all.

Regards,
M.

RE : Re: Undefined function pg_escape_bytea() despite good PG version

From
Thomas Woerly
Date:
No sorry, it is a mistyping in my e-mail.
It is "local"

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

RE : Re: Undefined function pg_escape_bytea() despite good PG version

From
Thomas Woerly
Date:
Hum
No it is really /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

2007/3/7, Thomas Woerly <yorgat@yahoo.com>:
> No sorry, it is a mistyping in my e-mail.
> It is "local"

OK, have you checked if any other Postgres funtions are working in
your PHP ? For example, can you perform some simple pg_query and see
if you can retrieve any results?

RE : Re: RE : Re: Undefined function pg_escape_bytea() despite good PG version

From
Thomas Woerly
Date:
Yes other functions are working since I can install other web apllications. It
is with a specific application calling this function, that I have a problem.

With a phpinfo() page, i have the pgsql section, but there is no information
about the Postgres version.

Thanks for your help all :o)

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com