unable to connect to datadase....

From
"manashi chakraborty"

hi...
    I am doin my project in PHP with PostgreSQL as backend...
        Both r very new to me....
My OS is LINUX
I am trying to connect to the database bt its not getin connected...
  By using
    "su postgres" command
  i hav created user "root" and database "sample"
    By using
    "psql -U root sample" command
      i hav created table "login" and inserted 3 data's...
  Now through code using PHP i am trying to insert the data but  connection is not getin established..
  the code to connect to the datadase is :-

<?php
  require_once "DB.php";
  $uname=$_POST['uname'];
  $pass=$_POST['pass'];

$username="root";
$password="";
$hostname="localhost";
$dbname="sample";

$db=new DB;
$dsource=$db->factory("pgsql");

$dcon=pg_connect("dbname=sample user=manashi");

$sql="insert into login values('$uname','$pass')";

$rs=$dsource->pg_query($sql);
?>

  is there anythin wrong with tthe code or sum other problem
    waiting for the reply...

Re: unable to connect to datadase....

From
Chris
Date:
manashi chakraborty wrote:

> hi...
>     I am doin my project in PHP with PostgreSQL as backend...
>         Both r very new to me....
> My OS is LINUX
> I am trying to connect to the database bt its not getin connected...
>   By using
>     "su postgres" command
>   i hav created user "root" and database "sample"
>     By using
>     "psql -U root sample" command
>       i hav created table "login" and inserted 3 data's...
>   Now through code using PHP i am trying to insert the data but
> connection is not getin established..
>   the code to connect to the datadase is :-
>
> <?php
>   require_once "DB.php";
>   $uname=$_POST['uname'];
>   $pass=$_POST['pass'];
>
> $username="root";
> $password="";
> $hostname="localhost";
> $dbname="sample";
>
> $db=new DB;
> $dsource=$db->factory("pgsql");
>
> $dcon=pg_connect("dbname=sample user=manashi");

Add this after the pg_connect line:

echo pg_last_error();

what does that say?

Also change your mail program to send TEXT emails.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

"Ash"

[...]

unsubscribe

From
"Announce"
Date:
unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe

From
Chris
Announce wrote:
> unsubscribe

Is it that hard to go the place where you subscribed and click
"unsubscribe" ?

It's also in the email headers:

--
Postgresql & php tutorials