pg calls not working from within Apache

From
bp1974@comcast.net
Date:
Hi,
  I am trying to get a PostGresql <-->PHP<-->Apache working and am running to the well documented problem of :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect() in /var/www/html/dbview.php on line 14

I have checked and double checked that php is compiled in with pgsql. List of compiled in modules looks like:
[PHP Modules]
SPL
SQLite
SimpleXML
calendar
ctype
dba
dom
ftp
gettext
iconv
libxml
openssl
pcre
pgsql <---
posix
session
soap
standard
tokenizer
xml
zlib

Apache and PHP seem to work, as evidenced by running the basic phpinfo() script. I also checked wheter pg calls work
whenrunning from the script interpreter, i.e. running a php script.
However, I am not able to get the same script running from within a browser.
Can anyone point out what little bit of the puzzle I might be missing?
I have pgsql 7.4.3 PHP 4.3.2 and Apache 2.0.

Any help appreciated.

thanks,
Balaji

Re: pg calls not working from within Apache

From
Thom Dyson

Going out on a limb here.  Does the user that apache runs under have access
to the pg so files?

Thom Dyson
Director of Information Services
Sybex, Inc.

pgsql-php-owner@postgresql.org wrote on 08/04/2004 10:16:06 AM:

> Hi,
> I am trying to get a PostGresql <-->PHP<-->Apache working and am
> running to the well documented problem of :
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect() in
> /var/www/html/dbview.php on line 14

Re: pg calls not working from within Apache

From
Andres Ferrando
Date:
Hi,
PHP is loaded as Apache's module or CGI? Remember that this module is
not the same that the script interpreter. You can compare the phpinfo()
output from both. You have postgresql client libraries in this machine?

bp1974@comcast.net escribió:

>Hi,
>  I am trying to get a PostGresql <-->PHP<-->Apache working and am running to the well documented problem of :
>
>Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect() in /var/www/html/dbview.php on line 14
>
>I have checked and double checked that php is compiled in with pgsql. List of compiled in modules looks like:
>[PHP Modules]
>SPL
>SQLite
>SimpleXML
>calendar
>ctype
>dba
>dom
>ftp
>gettext
>iconv
>libxml
>openssl
>pcre
>pgsql <---
>posix
>session
>soap
>standard
>tokenizer
>xml
>zlib
>
>Apache and PHP seem to work, as evidenced by running the basic phpinfo() script. I also checked wheter pg calls work
whenrunning from the script interpreter, i.e. running a php script.
>However, I am not able to get the same script running from within a browser.
>Can anyone point out what little bit of the puzzle I might be missing?
>I have pgsql 7.4.3 PHP 4.3.2 and Apache 2.0.
>
>Any help appreciated.
>
>thanks,
>Balaji

>TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your

Andrés Ferrando <anferr@mecon.gov.ar>
Centro de Desarrollo de Sistemas
Secretaria de Industria, Comercio y PyME

Re: pg calls not working from within Apache

From
Justin Wyer
Date:
bp1974@comcast.net wrote:

>Hi,
>  I am trying to get a PostGresql <-->PHP<-->Apache working and am running to the well documented problem of :
>
>Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect() in /var/www/html/dbview.php on line 14

Call to undefined function, means the pgsql extension is infact not
there. Do you have multiple php's on this machine? Do you have a
misconfigured php.ini lying around in your root directory, that php will
read when its been run from apache. Remember php running from apache
will read configuration files that php running from CLI wouldn't.

cheers

Re: pg calls not working from within Apache

From
Balaji Prasad
Date:
Thank You. I got it working shortly after posting it here. I indeed had
multiple PHPs on the system and the one apache was detecting did not have
pgsql support built in. It was just a matter of deleting the "wrong" php
and things started working like a charm.

Date:
Balaji Prasad wrote:

> Thank You. I got it working shortly after posting it here. I indeed
> had multiple PHPs on the system and the one apache was detecting did
> not have pgsql support built in. It was just a matter of deleting the
> "wrong" php and things started working like a charm.

good stuff, glad i could help