Warning: pg_fetch_row(): ...

From
Bastiaan Wakkie
Date:
Hi All,

I just upgraded my PostgreSQL from 7.2 to 7.4.3. Mandrake gave me in the first place a lot of problems so I just recompiled php and postgresql again (php --without-mysql gave even problems!)

I got one problem left though: any one familier with this error...
    "Warning: pg_fetch_row(): Unable to jump to row 0 on PostgreSQL result index 4 in /www/....php on line 17"
... ?  I did search on google and found a lot of site having the same problem. Anyone does have a cure for this?

Thanks,

Bastiaan

Re: Warning: pg_fetch_row(): ...

From
"Gavin M. Roy"
Date:
This means your query didn't execute correctly, pull your query out and
run it in psql to see what the query error is.  You can also validate
the number of rows your query is returning using pg_NumRows.

Gavin

Bastiaan Wakkie wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just upgraded my PostgreSQL from 7.2 to 7.4.3. Mandrake gave me in
> the first place a lot of problems so I just recompiled php and
> postgresql again (php --without-mysql gave even problems!)
>
> I got one problem left though: any one familier with this error...
>
>    "*Warning*: pg_fetch_row(): Unable to jump to row 0 on PostgreSQL result index 4 in */www/....php* on line *17*"
>
> ... ?  I did search on google and found a lot of site having the same
> problem. Anyone does have a cure for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Bastiaan

Re: Warning: pg_fetch_row(): ...

From
Martin Marques
Date:
El Lun 05 Jul 2004 17:24, Bastiaan Wakkie escribió:
> Hi All,
>
> I just upgraded my PostgreSQL from 7.2 to 7.4.3. Mandrake gave me in the
> first place a lot of problems so I just recompiled php and postgresql
> again (php --without-mysql gave even problems!)
>
> I got one problem left though: any one familier with this error...
>
>     "Warning: pg_fetch_row(): Unable to jump to row 0 on PostgreSQL result
> index 4 in /www/....php on line 17"
>
> ... ?  I did search on google and found a lot of site having the same
> problem. Anyone does have a cure for this?

It's a warning, not an error, so why bother? Anyway pg_fetch_row() will return
false, because there are no more rows left to fetch (in your case, you have
no rows at all).

--
 16:50:03 up 2 days,  8:27,  1 user,  load average: 1.31, 1.18, 1.40
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'