Simulating a POST request

From
Ludwig Lim
Hi :

   How do I simulate a POST request using the
"header()" function?

Thank you very much.

ludwig lim

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: Simulating a POST request

From
"David Busby"
Date:
header(); in PHP is for the output header.
It cannot be used to create a POST type HTTP request.

you must use socket(); or the CURL to have your PHP script do an HTTP POST
style request.
There are some samples on the PHP site in the socket and curl sections of
the manual.

HTH

/B

>    How do I simulate a POST request using the
> "header()" function?
>

> Thank you very much.
>
> ludwig lim

> http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: Simulating a POST request

From
"scott.marlowe"
Date:
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Ludwig Lim wrote:

> Hi :
>
>    How do I simulate a POST request using the
> "header()" function?

Are you basically trying to make the client side auto-submit a form?  You
can do that easily enough, without the header() function.

Just build a form with a <body onload=document.formname.submit()> tag at
the top, and a form with all the data you need in hidden fields and a post
method.