PHP-Postgresql in WindowsXP

From
"kumar"
Date:
Dear Sir/Madam,
            I need to create PHP,Postgresql in WindowsXP.I have installed
PHP and executed simple programs it is working but i don`t know whether
it is possible to download and execute postgresql in windowsXP.
     Regards
        Kumar

Re: PHP-Postgresql in WindowsXP

From
cmr@shell.gis.net
Date:
Dear Kumar,

  Glad to see you have an interest in the Open Source software
  community.  Keep it up!

  The only thing I can find about this is acquiring a unix emulator for
  windows and running postgres on that.

  If you head to postgresql.org right now, you can take part in a survey
  that asks what would attract the most new PostgreSQL users.  The first
  radio box is Win32 Port.

  There is plenty of ODBC support from PostgreSQL, though.

  So it looks like two choices at the moment for you:

  1) Install PostgreSQL on a *nix box and connect with your XP/PHP

          --or--

  2) Try and lobby for an XP/Win32 port.

  Have you tried other lists or resources?  If so, please let us know.

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 04:31:08PM +0900, kumar wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>             I need to create PHP,Postgresql in WindowsXP.I have installed
> PHP and executed simple programs it is working but i don`t know whether
> it is possible to download and execute postgresql in windowsXP.
>      Regards
>         Kumar

Re: PHP-Postgresql in WindowsXP

From
Frank Bax
Date:
At 02:31 AM 1/21/03, kumar wrote:
>Dear Sir/Madam,
>             I need to create PHP,Postgresql in WindowsXP.I have installed
>PHP and executed simple programs it is working but i don`t know whether
>it is possible to download and execute postgresql in windowsXP.
>      Regards
>         Kumar

Simple:
         http://www2.jp.postgresql.org/docs/faq-mswin.html

Re: PHP-Postgresql in WindowsXP

From
George.T.Essig@stls.frb.org

Below are 2 links on how to install PostgreSQL on Windows.  You first have to install cygwin, a unix emulation layer.  The process is lengthy, but it works.  See:

http://php.weblogs.com/post_tips
http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp

George Essig

Re: PHP-Postgresql in WindowsXP

From
Veriyanta Kusuma

Use cygwin to run PostgreSQL in windows, you can download it on
http://www.cygwin.com/

--
::Veriyanta K >> http://veriy.net/::
John D. Rockefeller: "If you find a job you love, you'll never

Re: PHP-Postgresql in WindowsXP

From
Philipp Ottlinger
kumar wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>             I need to create PHP,Postgresql in WindowsXP.I have installed
> PHP and executed simple programs it is working but i don`t know whether
> it is possible to download and execute postgresql in windowsXP.

Try to download CYGWIN and
use its Postgres, its Apache and its PHP implementation ...
If I'm not too mistaken there's no Postgres for Windows available.

Have a look at:
http://cygwin.com/

Yours,
Philipp

--
Freunde des Waldes - die etwas andere Homepage
http://www.hugo-hirsch.de