Hi everybody,

do you know in what circumstances this error is shown up?

Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: Backend startup failed in /www-data/main.php on line 14

yesterday everything was OK, but today ...
I'm afraid of that my configuration cannot fork more backend,
my clients eat up all available backends. Could it be?
The server is an old one: 7.0.2.

Papp Gyozo
- pgerzson@freestart.hu

Re: Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: Backend startup

From
Jeff Self
Date:
Are you sure PostgreSQL is running?

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 12:12, Papp Gyozo wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> do you know in what circumstances this error is shown up?
>
> Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: Backend startup failed in /www-data/main.php on line 14
>
> yesterday everything was OK, but today ...
> I'm afraid of that my configuration cannot fork more backend,
> my clients eat up all available backends. Could it be?
> The server is an old one: 7.0.2.
>

> Papp Gyozo
> - pgerzson@freestart.hu

Jeff Self
Information Technology Analyst
Department of Personnel
City of Newport News
2400 Washington Ave.
Newport News, VA 23607
757-926-6930

Re: Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: Backend startup

From
"Papp Gyozo"
Date:
I couldn't be sure anything because I've no access to that machine.
BTW, I assume when PostgreSQL is down, an other errormessage is
returned?

| On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 12:12, Papp Gyozo wrote:
| > Hi everybody,
| >
| > do you know in what circumstances this error is shown up?
| >
| > Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: Backend startup failed in /www-data/main.php on line 14
| >
| > yesterday everything was OK, but today ...
| > I'm afraid of that my configuration cannot fork more backend,
| > my clients eat up all available backends. Could it be?
| > The server is an old one: 7.0.2.
| >

| > Papp Gyozo
| > - pgerzson@freestart.hu
| >
| > ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
| --
| Jeff Self
| Information Technology Analyst
| Department of Personnel
| City of Newport News
| 2400 Washington Ave.
| Newport News, VA 23607
| 757-926-6930
|

| ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
| TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
| subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
| message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Re: Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: Backend startup

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
Switch to using non-persistent connections will probably help until you
can isolate the exact problem...

Chris