PHP 4.0.6 and PostgreSQL

From
Jason k Larson
Date:
Can anybody else confirm or give reason why with PHP 4.0.6 I am
no-longer able to see detailed error messages?

For instance with PHP 4.0.5 I get the following error message:
Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: Password authentication failed for user 'foouser'

With PHP 4.0.6 I see:
Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: (null)

I'll look into it best I can, but I suspect it's a bug.  Thanks in
advance for additional information you guys can provide.

Jason k Larson
Web Developer++

FYI: PostgreSQL 7.1.2 / Linux 2.2.19 (i386)

Re: PHP 4.0.6 and PostgreSQL

From
"Gyozo Papp"
If you don't mind, I suggest to send it to the php mailing list, too!

> Can anybody else confirm or give reason why with PHP 4.0.6 I am
> no-longer able to see detailed error messages?
>
> For instance with PHP 4.0.5 I get the following error message:
> Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: Password authentication failed for user 'foouser'
>
> With PHP 4.0.6 I see:
> Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: (null)
>
> I'll look into it best I can, but I suspect it's a bug.  Thanks in
> advance for additional information you guys can provide.
>
> Jason k Larson
> Web Developer++
>
> FYI: PostgreSQL 7.1.2 / Linux 2.2.19 (i386)

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re[2]: PHP 4.0.6 and PostgreSQL

From
Jason k Larson
Date:
I have submitted a bug report at www.php.net, I'll consider notifying
the PHP mailing lists.

Also, this bug is only happening with persistent connections.

Jason k Larson
Web Developer++

Date:
I have submitted a bug report at www.php.net, I'll consider notifying
the PHP mailing lists.

Also, this bug is only happening with persistent connections.

Jason k Larson
Web Developer++

GP> If you don't mind, I suggest to send it to the php mailing list, too!

Re: PHP 4.0.6 and PostgreSQL

From
Martín Marqués
Date:
On Mié 27 Jun 2001 19:36, you wrote:
> I have submitted a bug report at www.php.net, I'll consider notifying
> the PHP mailing lists.
>
> Also, this bug is only happening with persistent connections.

Do you have the link to the bug report?

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?